A great bread to enjoy with an ice cold glass of Lavender Lemonade.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, pour in your softened butter.
3. Add the sugar and cream it together.
4. Stir in the milk and eggs.
5. Finely chop the Lavender buds and add to the wet ingredients.
6. In a second bowl, mix the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
7. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
8. Pour into a greased bread loaf pan.
9. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when checking for readiness.
10. Let sit overnight to completely cool.
1. In a bowl, add the powdered sugar.
2. Add the whole lavender buds.
3. Pour in the vanilla extract.
4. Pour in the milk.
5. Stir and adjust milk amount to your desired thickness.
1. Place bread loaf on a serving plate.
2. Pour the icing over the top and lightly spread for even coverage on the top.
3. The sides do not have to be completely covered unless it is your preference.
4. Let the icing set. Time needed will be determined on how thick you made the icing.
5. Slice and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Slice